Followers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Home Sweet Home...



Postcards are awesome fun! This is my submission for Sunday Postcard Art. What a blast, I have been holding on to this photo and trying to decided how to use it for quite awhile. This was it! I will reprint the wording of the poem below, just in case it's too small to read on the card. Thanks for looking :)


Home Sweet Home

many days have dawned right here
some of hope, and some of cheer
a beauty she was, in her day
alive with sounds of children's  play

those days have passed many years ago
where they've gone, she'll never know
the wind now whistles through the walls
crying her lonesome, lonesome calls

families who once grew inside
have watched her grace slowly slide
once she held them safe and warm
protected them from unknown harm

a home is more than wood and stone
but happy times of days long gone
a place where you can feel at home
and let your mind and memories roam

Photo/Poetry by Julie Wood

3 comments:

  1. I love using my own photos in my artwork. This is a lovely piece. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photo and poem Jules - thanks so much for playing.

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
We live on the family farm in Mid-Missouri with our kids and animals. I love to make anything... and using repurposed items is the BEST!!! I like 'junk' as other people refer to it, but that 'junk' has a history and claims new life in many of my projects. Building primitive furniture, painting, writing, photography, stained glass... guess I'm what you'd call a jack of all trades... trying to master some. LOL! Anyway, if you have old barns or buildings with loads of junk you'd like to clear, give me a holler. I might just find myself in your neck of the woods!