Followers

Saturday, February 5, 2011

A little bit of spring

Spring is on it's way, I know it's hard to believe when all you see is SNOW, SNOW, SNOW. So here's a project I did last spring, hope it brings a smile to your face and puts a 'spring' in your step!

I found this old window screen and painted it, added an old pair of shutters and built a flower box out of old barn wood. I placed it on the side of our shed to give it some personality and charm! The geraniums looked pretty all summer long! The quote at the top says, "Joy is not in things, it is in us." I believe that is from Richard Wagner. And how true that is.. happiness comes from within!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
We live on the family farm in Mid-Missouri with our kids and animals. I love to make anything... and using repurposed items is the BEST!!! I like 'junk' as other people refer to it, but that 'junk' has a history and claims new life in many of my projects. Building primitive furniture, painting, writing, photography, stained glass... guess I'm what you'd call a jack of all trades... trying to master some. LOL! Anyway, if you have old barns or buildings with loads of junk you'd like to clear, give me a holler. I might just find myself in your neck of the woods!